What causes yellowish vaginal discharge and itching?

Dr. Srilatha Myaka

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 4 Sep 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I have been experiencing over a week now some discharge that is yellowish ... had some itching but went away but today is back..there is no odor ... i thought maybe a yeast but i thought we be gone by now. what could this be ?
Answered by Dr. Srilatha Myaka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Bacterial infection might be the cause

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,welcome to healthcare magic.I understand your concern.
In my opinion yeast infection results in white curdy vaginal discharge.The possibility of yeast infection is less.
In some individuals the hormone replacement therapy might also result in vaginal discharge.But it might be normal mucus white discharge.
As the discharge is yellow any bacterial infection should be ruled out.
I suggest you to consult doctor as it might need physical examination of the discharge and vault examination.
The culture and sensitivity of the discharge also might be needed for accurate diagnosis and effective treatment.
I suggest you to get screening done for diabetes.As in diabetes also similar picture can be seen.
Hope this satisfies your query.
Feel free to discuss furthur.
Best regards...Dr.Srilatha