What causes yellowish penile discharge with headache?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello, i think i have an std (gonerrea) and would like to get antibiotics called in, is the possible? my symptoms are a yellowish discharge from penis, headaches/achy. I use the CVS on XXXX in XXXXXXX XXXX.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotic has to be chosen as per the investigation report and sensitivity

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
It is not good to take self treatment for any STD.
First of all the diagnosis has to be confirmed by investigations. Chlamydial infections also can be present like this or may be associated.
Antibiotic sensitivity may vary from place to place about which the physician who treats STD in your area will be knowing better.
It could be a marker for some other STDs. So thorough examination and investigations for other STDs/HIV is essential after the window period.
Sexual partner is also equally important.
After the treatment a follow-up is a must to ascertain a cure.
So it is better to meet a STD physician and get treated.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan