What causes yellowish bruise at the site of bug bite?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I was bit by something a couple of days ago and after one day it started to bruise around the bite. This is day three and the bruise is more of a yellow color. Is this something to worry about?
Answered by Dr. Urszula Stanko 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I had gone through your question and understand your concerns.

Can you please attach a picture of this bruise?

There is a possibility that bug bite has punctured a blood vessel which is just right under your skin and that's why you have a bruise. Also if you do not have such symptoms like fever, pain and swelling near this area or discharge you do not have to be worry about it.

Yellow color means that the bruise is in the final stage of healing and this is because hemoglobin breaks down into bilirubin.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Urszula Stanko 1 hour later
Thank you Dr. Stanko. Attached is a picture of the bite. It's a little hard to see the bruise in the photo because of my freckles. It doesn't seem to be spreading and there is no swelling or discharge.

Answered by Dr. Urszula Stanko 15 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for late reply.

In my opinion you do not have to be worried about this bite. Try to observe this place. Next time you can use insect repellent which contains DEET.

Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Urszula Stanko