What causes yellow vaginal discharge along with pelvic pain?

Dr. Srilatha Myaka

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 15 Nov 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: im having yellow discharge and pelvic pain is that normalp
Answered by Dr. Srilatha Myaka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, I understand your
condition. In my opinion it might be pelvic infection. But I need further information like your 21.age
2.marital status
3.number of children
4.whether discharge associated with foul smelling or itching
5.any urinary problems like burning or pain during urination
6.any fever.
kindly send me the information I am ready for further discussion. and nothing to worry about that.such types of infections are routinely seen in reproductive age women.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Srilatha Myaka 1 hour later
well I'm 21 years old. I'm single, have one child, the discharge has foul smell and kind of itchy .. I had unprotected sex about two weeks ago and that's why I'm wondering
Answered by Dr. Srilatha Myaka 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it might be simple genital infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,I got your information.

In your condition as there is no fever it might not be a severe infection. A pap-smear is needed.
In patients coming to me with similar problem to my clinic i would like to suggest them a mild course of oral antibiotics.
Usually this kind of infections will subside with use of antibiotics so there is nothing to worry.
There is a chance that this kind of conditions might co exist in your partner so check up and treatment of your partner might be necessary in some cases.
Its advisable to practice safe sex by using condom.
Kindly wash genital part before and after intercourse to avoid this kind of infections in future.
I suggest you to visit a gynecologist for prescription of antibiotics

Kindly get back to me if you are having any further questions.

Dr srilatha
Gynecologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj