What causes yellow stool?
Just get a ultra sound abdomen done.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concern.
Normal stools can vary in shades of brown.Mild change in texture can be due to antibiotics you were on.Antibiotic given in paricarditis usually effect our gastro intestinal system however on a serious note Beige or light yellow stool is indicative of problem in hepatobiliary system.Usually its the bile salt which gives color to stool but in case drainage of bile is blocked or liver is producing less bile color of stool become pale.
So my advice is don't panic but To be on safe side i would recommend you to go for Ultrasound abdomen to rule out any problem with hepatobiliary system.If that is normal then change in color can be most likely due to antibiotic therapy you were on or is related to food you are having.
Get a ultra sound abdomen done.
Hope i cleared your doubts.
Follow ups are welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes yellow stools and an itchy anus
- What cause yellow stool in dogs
- What causes tummy pain and yellow stools in children
- What causes yellow bowel stools
- What is the cause for yellow floating stool
- What antibiotics cause yellow stools
- What causes yellow burning stool
- What can cause yellow stools
- What causes loose yellow stool
- What diet cause yellow stool
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?