question-icon

What causes yellow patches on the sides and bottom of feet?

Posted on Fri, 11 Jul 2014
Question: my daughter just noticed her feet are yellow and splotchy on the sides and bottom. both feet. It spots that look like yellow highlighter on the bottom of her feet.
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR (6 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

With your description of patches over your daughters foot appears to be like fungal infection. As moistness is more in feet so more prone for fungal infections. It could be due to tinea versicolor or candidal infection.

Antifungal cream, apply for 4 times a day for minimum 7 days.
Avoid moistness by avoiding use of shoes till they heal.
Wash her foot gently with soap and water and dry it using clean cotton.

These measure should reduce her symptoms in 4 or 5 days.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Vidya KR