question-icon

What causes yellow mucus like fluid coming from penis?

Posted on Sat, 19 Jul 2014
Question: I have a yellow mucus like fluid coming from my penis, what may be the cause if that?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (52 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have yellow mucus discharge from penis . This could be due to inflammation of Urethra (Urethritis)

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Did you have unprotected sex before you noticed this symptom?
2) Do you have any urinary symptom like burning urination ,frequency,etc.?
3) Did you masturbate roughly ?

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and urine culture
2) Swab test and culture of discharge(Fluid) from penis

In the mean while start taking Erithromycin twice daily along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily. Your local doctor will know about these medicines.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist