What causes yellow discharge from the nipples?
Can be papilloma or hormonal change.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I've reviewed the attached image.
A yellow discharge and from both breasts is likely to be due to perimenopausal hormonal changes or duct papilloma.
A papilloma is a harmless wart-like growth, usually about 1-2cm in size, found inside one of the breast ducts. The breast ducts carry milk from the gland to the nipple. The papilloma is usually just behind the nipple and can cause fluid or blood to seep out of the nipple.
It can be easily removed.
Although the discharge may be alarming, rest assured that it is not likely to be anything serious. However, you should still get it checked by her Doctor so they can rule out breast pathologies and offer any necessary treatment.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow-up queries that you have.
Wishing her good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
More likely to be menopause related.
Thanks for writing again.
The itching and discharge is more likely to be menopause related. Still it is best to investigate and rule out any malignancy.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes oily discharge from nipples
- What causes yellow vaginal discharge with blood traces in it
- What causes bloody discharge from nipple
- What causes tender and painful nipples with yelloish discharge
- What causes itchy tender nipples with greenish discharge
- What could be the cause for nipple discharge
- What causes the vaginal to leak yellow discharge
- What causes nausea and headaches with discharge for nipples
- What causes an odorless yellow discharge
- What is the cause of milky discharge from nipple