What causes whooshing sound in ear?

Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have had whooshing in my left ear for a year but now have pain in my neck & ear , should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You will need ENT consultation .

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query and understand your concern.

After reading your clinical history it appears that you are most probably having
eustachian tube blockage on left side due to allergy / infection or Sensorineural Hearing loss ( Hearing Nerve damage ) on left ear . It result into whooshing sound (TInnitus) in ear .

If I were your treating doctor , I would advice
consult ENT specialist for Evaluation , investigation & treatment . No need for too much worry .

Till then , use Paracetamol for pain ,
Steam Inhalation twice daily,
Salt water gargle twice daily &
Antihistaminic Tab Claritin at night .

You will get relief .

Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj