What causes whitish penile discharge along with itching sensation?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Men's Health
Question: HI, I am a 38 year old male and I have a white discharge from my penis and its also itchy. I have not had sex with anyone else other than my wife. How do I get this treated? There is no smell from the white discharge. I also have small rashes all over my legs and feet.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible penile fungal infection to get further checked and treated...

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

The white discharge from your penis accompanied by itchiness are suggestive for candida infection. Your wife might be having vaginal infection (candida)/discharge too since she is only your partner. It is normal for the women to get infection due to their morphological patterns.

In your case, I advise to:
- run a culture of your penile discharge to confirm the diagnosis and to start specific treatment
- usually the treatment consists of prescription fluconazole orally together with applying clotrimazole cream locally
- keep good genital hygiene
- wash your genitalia each time you have sexual intercourse with your wife
- get your wife tested and treated as well

With regards to the small rash you have all over your legs and feet, I need to have a look at them for a proper diagnosis. Can you send a photo of them to me?
Thank you!
Dr.Albana