What causes whitish inner skin of foreskin?

Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Sir,
My inner skin of the foreskin has been turned white and after that top of the urethra has also going white. It can not give any problem but it is going to increase slowly. Kindly give some suggestions for treatment and the cause of this problem. Thanks doctor.
XXXXXX age 47 height 5.3 Ft. Suffering from IBS.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Candidal balanoposthitis

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM.

Thanks for uploading the photos. After reading history and seeing the photos, my probable diagnosis would be candidal balanoposthitis. It is fungal infection and caused by Candida albicans. It may be precipitated and exacerbated by certain factors. Sometimes, it may relapse after cure.

Nutritional deficiencies, anaemia,DiabetesMellitus(DM),HIV,poor immunity,poor hygiene...etc may be the factors.

You consult dermatologist for firm diagnosis and perfect treatment. In my patients having such problem, I suggest certain investigations to rule out Anaemia, DM,HIV, other internal diseases and immunocompromised conditions.

Routine blood tests, RBS,HIV test etc may be recommended.

In my patients, I usually follow underline method of treeatment...

- antifungal like ketoconazole or itraconazole for few weeks in proper dose
- antihistaminic like levocetirizine may be taken if you feel itching
- to apply antifungal cream like clotrimazole
- cleanse the area with water containing dettol. You may take Sitz bath in water with dettol
- to improve hygine, reduce wetness, clean the area regularly.
- to improve immunity with good diet,exercise and positive attitude.
- treatment of other diseases if you have.
- treatment of spouse after consulting Dermatologist.

I hope you might be satisfied with my answer, still any query..you may ask.

Have early recovery..

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju