What causes whitish discharge from the penis?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Good Evening Sir,

I have a problem related to some white fluid ejection from my male organ.
It is of white color and the tip of my male organ is just itching slightly and there is no pain any where else.

Can i know the exact cause for this and the solution
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Provide few more details

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed passing white fluid from penis and itching of the penis .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Did you have unprotected sex very recently?
2) Do you have burning while urinating ?
3) Did you have oral sex ?
4) Do you masturbate frequently ?

The whitish discharge from penis could be a pus or a thick mucus secreted in urethra due to inflammation .

Consult your family physician and get following basic tests done to establish diagnosis
1) Urine routine and Culture
2) Swab test and culture of dischage from urethra
3) Blood sugar levels to rule out diabetes.

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefixime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Dear Sir

Thank U for replying back..

the answer to all ur question might be yes.....

Is there any problem related to that???

But I donot have any inflammation any where else and i donot have any pain any where else.... Just the tip of my penis plus there is a constant oozing out of liquid.

Please Help me......
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
The possibility of STD has to be ruled out .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

In view of having unprotected sex and passing whitish pus through urethra there is every possibility of you having acquired STD .

Get following basic test done to confirm the diagnosis
1) Urine routine and culture
2) Swab test and culture of a urethral discharge
3) Basic blood tests for STD and HIV first two weeks and then three months from the day of unprotected sex .

Take Erythromycin and Nitrofurantoin twice daily .

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.