What causes white-yellowish watery vaginal discharge?

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

Posted on Wed, 9 Mar 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: What does this look like to you?
No fever, no burning while urinating, white-yellowish watery discharge with no odor.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infected vulval cyst

Detailed Answer:

There are yellow pus filled cysts on the margins of the vulval opening. A cyst will usually form when the Bartholin gland is blocked. If the cyst becomes infected, it can lead to a Bartholin's abscess.

Since there is no symptom it can be left alone and can be watched. It is better to urinate frequently and if symptoms develop like fever, pain then it needs catheter to be inserted in physician office for few days to drain. If not a drainage can be planned in large cysts.

Let me know if you need any further queries.
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 1 hour later
Hello Dr. Suma,

I noticed on the internet, that it doesnt look the same as what my friend has..The ones on the internet look very round and big, is this the first stages?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 37 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Do not worry, what you have is small and cannot be treated now. It is so early now.
I'd suggest not to compare with others as every woman is different,, the size of glands differ so is their sensitivity / reaction to an agent.

Empty the bladder frequently and try to wide the labia apart with your fingers when you urinate. You may carefully cut the excess hair without injuring the gland. This can avoid lodging of germs on the hair.

Hope this answers, please close if you do not have any more inquiries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D