What causes white vaginal discharge while on vaginal Progesterone suppository?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
After ET my doctor have advised me to take progesterone (Secure-O Capsule) vaginally thrice a day. As per his advice I am taking it regularly but when I go for urinal I can notice some whitish discharge I am afraid if this discharge will reduced the effectiveness of the medicine. Please advice.
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
IT IS NORMAL, DONT WORRY, CAPSULE IS WORKING

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Progesterone is vital after ET, for supporting the growing pregnancy in case you do conceive.
Also, after using the progesterone capsules vaginally, some amount of white discharge is common.
This in fact indicates that the capsule is working , because it melts ( dissolves ) and gets absorbed in the vagina.
So please do not worry.
Your concern is unfounded.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.