What causes white vaginal discharge while on Deviry?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi im 20 yrs old.iam having a white curd like substance released.its been 17 days since i had intercourse.Am i pregnant.?if so please do advise me as to how i can avoid it.can deviry help me out.please help me out with this.look forward for ur suggestions.thank you.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thank you for posting your question on HealthcareMagic.
The white curd like discharge that you are having could be due to fungal infection in the vagina due to intercourse. I would recommend you to apply candid derma ointment locally.
As about pregnancy if you miss your next cycle get beta hcg test even on the second day of missed period .It is a blood test and is very accurate. I would not recommend any medication without the test being positive and without being examined by your gynaecologist.
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 44 minutes later
Thank you for your reply doctor.1).march 5 is my due date and i haven't got my date yet.2).is there any test that i can do at home.iam scared to share this with anyone.3).i have read about thrust and i think am pregnant.this is JUST what i think.4).I've take deviry now.and incase i get my period ..does that mean iam not pregnant.5).will deviry help me in stopping prgnancy.6).if at all i take any pills like mifepristone and misoprostol ..how should i take them.6).will there be any problem if i take them.please heLP me.iam nearing my exams and m unable to concentrate on my studies due to this.please help me out doctor.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ok

Detailed Answer:
Hello again, If you can't do a blood test you can do a urine pregnancy test which is home test to be done with urine.
About deviry Iam sorry I can't comment on it as it is supposed to be a drug which should be prescribed.
But as a first step please do the urine pregnancy test preferably in early morning sample of urine.
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Follow up: Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 45 hours later
Hello doctor,i have done a urine pregnancy test.and i got negative.i did my test on the second day of my missed period i.e on the 19 day of my intercourse.now can i be sure that am not pregnant.cause if at all thrush is due to pregnancy i would a positive result to my test,is what i think.please suggest me regarding this.