What causes white vaginal discharge during pregnancy?
My wife is 39 weeks 3 days pregnant and this is our second babay (the first one was C section that too 6.5 years back). Everything so far is ok even the movements of the baby are normal. But since yesterday night she felt some whitish vaginal discharge (a drop or two). This happened 4-5 times since night at different intervals.
I just want to confirm that everything is normal and there are no issues as such. Are these symptoms of labour pain coming or any other thing?
Internal examination will help.consult your doctor.
welcome to HCM,
I can understand your concerns,
as you told that your wife had one LSCS and now she has whitish discharge.
white vaginal discharge is normal in pregnancy but if discharge mixed with blood ,it indicates start of labour.
and if discharge is watery then it can be liquor (water around baby).
I advise that you should consult your gynecologist and go for internal examination. she has completed 39weeks 2 days,even you can plan for elective LSCS.
hope it helps.
feel free to ask further.
Thanks for your response.
There is no blood into the liquid which is coming out. It is white only. Hope there are no serious concern around this? Please do confirm.
The due date is on 15th November and we have planned LSCS on 16th if the normal pain does not happen. The baby head is still not fixed.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes smelly vaginal discharge
- What causes white vaginal discharge with little lumps
- Causes for white vaginal discharge
- What causes white vaginal discharge and abdominal pain
- What causes excessive vaginal discharge during pregnancy
- What causes green vaginal discharge
- What causes heavy white vaginal discharge
- What cause vaginal discharge
- What causes vaginal discharge during childhood
- Pregnancy vaginal discharge causes