• question-icon

What causes white vaginal discharge and itching?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hii...
Gd evng doctr
This is XXXX (18 weeks pregnant)
From last few days i am having white vaginal
discharge, which is followed by itchiness in the region.
Meanwhile, today i observed yellowish with slight green tint discharge. This has happend only once.. Now again i am having white discharge.

Please let me know what is the cause of the same and how should i treat the same.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HCM.Thanks for writing in to us with your health concerns. It is normal to have white discharge ( it can vary in colour), it is due to progesterone which is increased in pregnancy. Only concern is that whether this discharge is foul smelling or not? if it is foul smelling then it is likely that there is infection.Can you give me this detail? Regards Dr Manisha Jain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 9 minutes later
Hii... Its not foul smelling... But its not exactly odourless. It has milky smell.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
If it is not foul smelling then nothing active needs to be done but in case you have it again or during your routine visit to your gynaecologist just get a local examination done to see if there is any problem so as to have peace of mind too
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN