What causes white vaginal discharge and itching?

Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I was just teasing my girl friend back I dint insert in her vagina but I doubt my sperms might have touched her back after that my girl friend went to wash room & cleaned in water next day she used the foam to remove her vagina hairs & I gues the foam warranty was expired after taking bath she realised that their is some white discharge from her vagina it is thick & it is itching in her vagina & she is getting frequent urination too so i gave her the i pill by 65 hours from the time when we were together i just want to know what is that white liquid & is their any chances of her getting pregnant or what should be my next step i doesnt want her to get pregnant
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She will not get pregnant

Detailed Answer:

She will not get pregnant. Do not worry.

She has used the ipill which will take care of that.

The white liquid is discharge from her vagina which comes if its irritated by something like expired foams.

It will resolve on its own. Just keep washing the area with soap water.

If you do not want future pregnancies use condoms or contraceptive pills regularly.

Dr. Som MD
Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 4 minutes later
i saw in the google that if it is getting discharged a white liquid thick it means its an yeast infection if it is an yeast infection is it the symptoms of pregnancy & do u suggest me any cream or tablet for the infection pls do clarify this
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

not all white discharge is yeast especially if she she starts getting it after using expired foams.

But to be on the safer side you can start her on clotrimazole vaginal pessary for 5 days.

Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 5 minutes later
is it a cream or get or a tablet if it is a cream how many times to apply that & should I do the pregnance test or what pls do suggest me on this I was worried about the itching & white discharged & frequent of urination is this happening due to infection or it’s a sign of pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
These are not signs of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

These are not signs of pregnancy.

These are all signs of infection.

It is a vaginal tablet which you need to put inside her everynight before sleep for 5 nights in total.

Dr. Som MD