What causes white stool in a child?
She needs to have liver function tests
Hi! Welcome to health care magic!
Based on the history you have shared, white stools can be if bile or pigments which come from liver and makes stool yellow have been blocked or not getting mixed with stools. Preceding history of being unwell with diarrhea can also point out towards gastric infection. She needs to get evaluated for liver function tests, alongwith direct and indirect bilirubin levels. Also look for any yellowish discoloration of eyes or skin. Ensure fever charting. Meanwhile:
Give her plenty of fluids.
Use anti pyretics like acetaminophen in case of feve or body aches.
Give her oral rehydration salts and antacids like ranitidine.
Also use motility agents like domperidone which will decrease stomach symptoms as well help with nausea or vomiting.
Avoid greasy, oily and high protein and use more vegetables and fresh fruits.
Hoping her a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause white discharge in stools
- What causes abnormality in stool of a child
- What causes white specks in stool
- What causes white stool symptoms
- What causes white foam in stools
- What is causing white stool colour
- Cause of white grains in stool of child after endoscopy
- What causes white rubbery substance in stools
- What is causing child to have vomitings and runny stool
- What causes white stuff in stool