What causes white spots on throat?

Dr. Rovena Murati

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: white spot on the back.of my throat.
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I read carefully your query.

It is difficult to give an opinion without a physical examination.It would be very helpful if you can send a picture of the back of your throat to evaluate it.
Do you have any symptoms like pain swallowing ,fever,enlarged tonsils ,secretions in the back of throat ?

Waiting for you answer.

Kind regards,
Dr.Rovena Murati

Follow up: Dr. Rovena Murati 8 minutes later
well no fever, the white spot on the back of the throat os not there anymore idk id it was a peace of food or something. no pain swallowing, i have been touching a lot my throat to constantly check my nodes if theu are swollen. But they dont seem to be im ocd when it comes to something new.
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

I am glad it was nothing.It doesn't seem that you have a medical condition affecting your throat.Try to relax and stop thinking or constantly checking for a disease.

Let me know if you have any other question.I would be happy to help.

Dr.Rovena
Follow up: Dr. Rovena Murati 18 minutes later
when i tilt my head and swallow saliva i do get pain,
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the picture.
Your throat looks normal .There is pathological finding in your throat.The mucosa is not inflamed.

It doesn't seem to be anything of concern but if you continue to have pain when swallowing saliva ,it would be a good idea to see a doctor for proper evaluation.He can examine your throat an see if there is something wrong there.

Dr.Rovena
Follow up: Dr. Rovena Murati 9 minutes later
does it look sore to you or anything? and also you see on the right side the little tissue on the back of the tonsil. Do you have any idea what that is, im.not sure if it was there before because i have never paid attention to.my throat till today.
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

As I said ,the back part of your throat looks normal.It doesn't seem to be inflamed or sore.There are no lesions present there.

A tonsil is moderately larger ,but it doesn't cause any symptom.Considering the picture ,your throat looks normal but if you are having symptoms like pain when swallowing etc.

Dr.Rovena Murati

Follow up: Dr. Rovena Murati 6 minutes later
i guess its all in my mind then. Ugh it sucks lol your the second one that has told.me this now.
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

I apologize for the delay in answering your follow up question.

I can give you an opinion based in the picture you provided and your symptoms.Considering this ,there is no obvious problem in the back of your throat but if you continue to have such symptoms (pain when swallowing ,secretions in throat etc) it would be a good idea to see a physician for proper evaluation.

I wish you all the best.

Dr.Rovena