What causes white spots on the penis?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 9 Jun 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have this white spot on my penis
What is it ?
It doesnt itch and doesnt hurt
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be vitiligo, topical steroid & tacrolimus

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it seems to be vitiligo which is a chronic autoimmune depigmenting disease of the skin.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like mometasone cream or the affected area in the morning and tacrolimus 0.1 percent ointment on the whip patch at night for 3-4 weeks.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 31 minutes later
What is the causes r reasn of vitiligo ? Is it dangours ? o
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Autoimmune, no specific cause, not dangerous

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

It is basically an autoimmune disease. There are no specific causes for its occurrence.

It is not dangerous.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee