What causes white spots on palate of infant?

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi,
our 21 days old grandson has strange white dots in the midline of the hard palate (small tori?). What is it? Is it dangerous? Should it be treated? How I could send you a photo?
XXXX.
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
nothing to worry about,

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I read carefully your query and evaluated the picture you sent.

The white spots seems to be a harmless case of Epstein's pearls, also known as gingival cysts.
These white bumps are actually quite common in newborns and are perfectly harmless.
Treatment is not necessary. They go away on their own in few months.

I would suggest to show them to his pediatrician the next time you consult her/him just to confirm it.It is not of concern so try not to worry.

Hope it helps.
Feel free to ask if you have any question or need any clarification.

Kind regards,
Dr.Rovena Murati
Dr. Rovena Murati