What causes white spots in throat despite treating for tonsillitis?
It will cost me $150 to visit the doctor again so I'm hoping someone can tell me if this is normal?
Not really anything to worry about, use mouth wash regularly
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The white spots are commonly seen with tonsillitis and strep throat, and should gradually subside. If most of your symptoms have subsided/resolved after the antibiotics were initiated, it does indicate a susceptibility and so the antibiotics have worked; so we can rule out ineffectively of that particular antibiotic as the cause.
Sometimes the white spots can take a few days to disappear, but here are the options we have:
+Continue the antibiotics for another 4 days
+Be patient and also use an oral disinfectant solution (e.g. betadine mouth wash to help quicker resolution of the white spots)
But there is nothing much to worry about so if at all you were worried, then you can rest assured ma'am. :)
I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hole in tonsil no white spots painful cold causes
- White spots on tonsils and back of throat
- No tonsils and white spot on side of throat
- What causes lumps on tonsils with white spots
- What can cause white spots in throat
- Can hpv cause white spots on tonsils
- What causes white spots on tonsils
- Can mold cause white spots on tonsils
- What could cause white spots in throat
- What causes white spots