What causes white slimy discharge between the leg and testicle?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a white slimy discharge between my leg and testicle. sometimes its very wet. and has a red rush. it is not itchy.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
intertrigo with possible infection (fungal )

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Based on your description, you may have intertrigo which is inflammation of the body folds, this would cause the redness.

Intertrigo can be complicated by a fungal infection which would cause the white discharge you are seeing.

Intertrigo as mentioned is inflammation of the body folds and can occur in the armpits, groin and under breasts in women.
It is caused by a combination of heat, moisture and friction.

Treatment--(1) folds need to be separated by cotton or linen material whenever possible, this reduces the friction, heat

Wearing cool ,loose, light clothing whenever it is possible would also help

(2)if you can obtain XXXXXXX GOO, this would be helpful-- this is a combination of a mild steroid cream (hydrocortisone) to reduce the inflammation, an antifungal cream (nystatin) to treat the fungal infection and zinc (acts as a barrier to keep folds separated

If you cannot get this combination product then you can use triple paste or desitin or petrolatum as a barrier cream, obtain hydrocortisone and an anti fungal from your local pharmacy.

It can take 2 to 3 weeks for a fungal infection to clear because fungi respond slowly

In some cases, intertrigo can also be complicated by a bacterial infection and an antibacterial cream also has to be added

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions