• question-icon

What causes white patches on the penile skin?

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I have noticed some tiny white patches on my penis skin not on forehead of penis on lower region, there are 3-4 of different size nothing I believe it to be a fungal infection. I would like to know more
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Looks like lichen nitidus, not looking like fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it looks like lichen nitidus which is a chronic disease of the skin.
It is not looking like fungal infection.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend to apply topical steroid like mometasone cream on the affected areas twice daily for 2-3 weeks.
Steroidal preparations are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Thank you so much Asmeet,
Since you said its a chronic disease will I be not able to get rid of this completely Even after applying the mometasone cream? And I dont find anything like this in other part of my body.
Also, is this a common skin problem or something serious because Im kind of anxious about it.
As you said Its chronic I believe its NCD.
Brief Answer:
Nothing serious, no need to worry

Detailed Answer:
It can take a long time to resolve and in some patients doesn't go off completely but it's nothing serious.
No need to worry as it is minor skin ailment.
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist