What causes white patches on legs in infants?
one at 2 months and 2 more by age 7 months...
does it mean she has tuberous sclerosis?
or it can be just a normal skin problem
she has no other symptoms and is healthy
is there any test for tuberous sclerosis ? and do we nned it
nobody in me and my husband family has it
Not Tuberous sclerosis
Thanks for the query.
Tuberous sclerosis is multi system disease.
It does not manifest only with skin lesion.
The skin lesions of tuberous sclerosis are not white.
They are typically called as ash leaf macules.
White patches in neonates are mainly of fungal origin.
They are very common and can be treated easily.
I would like to see a photograph of the patches.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.
Please upload a photograph.
Waiting for your response.
i ve uploaded the pic
is it leaf ash type or is it normal nevus type or vitiligo?
Not Tuberous sclerosis
Thanks for the photograph.
It is looking like nevus depigmentosus.
It is a normal condition and is quiet common in children.
Just keep a note on the lesions.
If they increase in size or number then vitiligo would be considered as the most probable diagnosis.
It is definitely not tuberous sclerosis.
Just relax and let me know if you have any other doubts.
And now I noticed 2 more spots in the same leg At 7 months
Can nd spots keep coming like that ?
And ash leaf is totally ruled out ?
I mean I just wanted a reassurance
Ash leaf ruled out
Thanks for the follow up.
Nevus depigmentosus usually occurs as three or four patches.
If more patches are appearing or if there is increase in size of patches then vitiligo has to be considered.
Yes ash leaf macule is totally ruled out.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
So three patches in 7 months can be ND?
And can melgain help to change colour of ND or vitiligo ?
I mean is it effective
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes spreading white patches on skin of arms
- What causes white patches all over the body
- What causes white patches with deep lines on tongue
- Cause of white patch in duodenum
- What causes white patches on lips
- What could cause small white patch on neck
- What causes white patches on nails of a kid
- What causes leg ache in infants
- White patch causes
- White patches in hair causes
- Developed itchy rashes on both sides of torso and insulin dependent....
- Used Z derm for scrotum itching followed by blood stains. Noticed needle...
- Having itchy rashes on buttocks, side of arms, side of legs and inner...
- Having small patches and blister on finger. Using slivers skin moisture...
- What is the cure for body itching?
- Rash on the side of face with itching. Suggest treatment
- How to remove black marks and blade marks from face?
- Suggest the medication for twitching under eyes
- White and slightly raised lump under the skin on the palm. What does it...
- Suggest treatment for hair fall problem caused by dandruff?