What causes white patch in left nostril?
I also just finished a 10 day course of antibiotics and on a steroid nasal spray...which I assume would be to shrink the polyp
would you please forward your response to another e-mail address: YYYY@YYYY
SEEMS TO BE NASAL POLYP.
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns that you are having white patch in left nostril. I would like to ask you few more details.
- Is there any sequence of sneezes followed by running nose ?
- Is this patch painful or associated with nasal blockage ?
Based on your clinical details, it appears to be nasal polyp secondary to allergy or infection. I suggest you to to consult ent surgeon and get detailed ent examination. Perhaps a nasal endoscopy (size and extent of the lesion) along with blood tests (absolute eosinophilic count, serum IgE- Allergic rhintis) will be necessary along with ct scan of para nasal sinuses (anatomical anomalies and pathological extent).
Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Wishing you good health.
In answer to your questions of me, I am not sneezing much...and my running nose has cleared up as well. Possibly because of the steroid nasal spray. But I have always had hay fever allergies since a child. Lastly, the white patch seemed to have developed while I had a bad case of Bronchitis a couple of months ago......and I kept picking at it to remove the crust so I could breath better. But it is not painful, and presently....since I am not picking at it...it doesn't really interfere with my breathing.
Please comment on this information.
needs to be differentiated.
Thanks for considering my answer and for your follow up.
Commonly, healing phase of vestibulitis, furuncle leave behind white patches, which are always painless, hypopigmented, harmless and which heals on its own. You need to see an ENT surgeon to differentiate from other causes of white patch.
Hope, I have answered your query.
All the best. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes spreading white patches on skin of arms
- What causes white patches all over the body
- What causes white patches with deep lines on tongue
- Cause of white patch in duodenum
- What causes white patches on lips
- Will melacare cause white patches
- What could cause small white patch on neck
- What causes white patches on nails of a kid
- White patch causes
- White patches in hair causes
- Suggest sinusitis medication that can be taken when suffering from ...
- What causes a small lump behind breast implant muscle?
- What is the cause and treatment for dry cough?
- Suggest treatment for vibrations in ear
- Suggest remedy for motion sickness and irritated sinuses
- Suggest treatment for hearing loss in a diabetes patient
- What causes ear pain?
- Suggest treatment for stiff neck, pain in back and headaches
- What causes lump inside throat?
- Suggest treatment for hoarseness in voice