What causes white particle stuck inside throat?

Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi,

I have a white particle stuck near my throat and it won't come out. What is the problem?
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
White particle is due to infected material.

Detailed Answer:
As per your clinical history it appears as you are having follicular tonsillitis.
White particle is due to infected material inside holes in tonsil.
If I were your treating doctor, I would advice you chlorhexidine mouthwash thrice daily.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Krunal Karade 16 hours later
Will using the mouthwash take out the particle? Because it has been more than 4 days since the particle is stuck and its causing disco,fort and foul breath
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most Likely.

Detailed Answer:
Most likely , daily mouthwash 7-10 mins for 7 days will take out this white particle .
Mouthwash also decrease local discomfort & foul breath.
Hope this information helpful to you, take care and have a nice day.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari