What causes white nodes on the tonsils and painful swallowing?

Question
I have white nodes on my tonsils and it hurts to swallow on the left side of my throat, no fever. The Urgent Care doctor said its just from the post nasal drip. He gave me a prescription for antibiotics but told me not to take them unless I got worse or developed a fever. Should I get a second opinion?
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Picture needed

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. Throat pain on one side can be due to a few causes, such as tonsillitis, abscess postnasal drip, a canker sore or laringitis, however, without the fever, fatigue, ear pain, swollen lymph nodes, hoarseness, or cough, the only possible cause is postnasal drip, which is usually due to excess mucus collection from allergies.
The white nodes you mention do not fit the description either, so I would like to see a picture in order to get a better idea or you could see a doctor who could directly examine your throat, which I recommend.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have further questions.

Wishing you good health and all the best.