What causes white lump on nipple?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi. there is this small white lump that looks a lot like an acne on top of my right nipple. when I press down on it it does feel tender. it's circular and not very noticeable at first glance. should this be of concern?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please, attach an image for review!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this lump that you have reported. To provide a personalized and helpful information, I will suggest that you upload an image of this lump for review. It is impossible to provide any useful details without talking a look at the lump.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience and do promise to respond as soon as possible. Until then, I wish you well.

Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 8 hours later
It's barely visible, but it's on top of my nipple and it's blended in. there seems to be some hair growing out from it. the black dot on the top right corner is a zit I think ( I never found out what is was called, but I had it ever since I was born)
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please, be relaxed about this!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks for this follow up image.

I have reviewed it and honestly there is nothing to be concerned about. There is really nothing that noticeable for me to get worried of suspect any concerning lesion. I will say monitor only for now and only seek further attention if it grows bigger, painful or changes color.

I hope this helps.. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.