What causes white lines on face after sun exposure?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: My wife gets white lines on her face when she is hot or out in the sun. The lines can be vertical or horizontal and they go away after she cools off. Her cheeks also get red.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal process of skin ageing sir

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

I should rightfully start by saying that the description provided by you is a completely normal process of ageing skin sir, and is in most cases nothing to worry about unless it leads to discomfort or social embarrassment. Let me list some simple remedies your wife can go about without the use of medications of any sort to help sort this issue as I do not want her to apply any chemicals on here face and possibly ruin the current situation.

-Diet rich in vitamin A, which contains anti-oxidants which helps in rejuvenation of skin (eg. fish, poultry, vegetables, etc.)
-Use a home-made mask with lemon juice, distilled water and a very small amount of sugar in it. Mix and apply on the skin for about 20 minutes
-Use honey on the skin, which is rich in anti-oxidants and is a natural remedy to help rejuvenation, natural healing and reverse the effect of stress, chemicals, pollution, etc. Apply for 15-20 minutes everyday
-Use a sun-block every time she is exposed to the sun
-Use a warm moist towel every time she has to wipe her face; this helps to moisturise her face and also prevent it from drying and cracking
-Use cotton pads and a moisturising cream to clean off dirt and pollution after a day out
-Avoid the use of makeup and do not let her go to bed with anything on her face

This is nothing to worry about sir, with age our body gets more sensitive and all we need to do is to take more care and precautions than we used to when we were younger and all should be fine.

I hope you find my response helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

My best regards to ma'am and prayers for you for being such a concerned and loving husband. May God XXXXXXX both of you everything you need and more.

Best wishes.