What causes white eye floaters in the left eye level of vision?

Excellent

Question
Last night I woke up for awhile. When I closed my eyes to go back to sleep I had a round white light in my left eye that shrunk, and then appeared again. There were a few speaks of light that floated around. When I opened my eyes they disappeared. When I closed them, the light came back. In order to get to sleep I kept my eyes open as long as I could and eventually went back to sleep. It is not happening now. Should I be concerned.
Mon, 21 May 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
If not a persistent problem, it is nothing to worry about.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health concern. I read it carefully and I understand your concern.

From what you are describing it seems to me that you had some light changes due to the light impulses which change and therefore give different light spots in your vision. If it was something to be concerned it would be persistent.

If it happens again I would recommend seeing a local opthalmologist to make sure that this is not a retinal problem, especially if you have been wearing glasses for years.
But I would not be worried about it if it doesn't happen again.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you have other questions or concerns.

Kind regards,
Dr. Papaqako