What causes white discharge from penis?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question:
I noticed some marks on my underwear and discovered that there is some white discharge coming from my penis. I plan to go to the laboratory first thing in the morning. In the meantime, should I start taking Zinnat (that is what I have here at home).

Thank you so much
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Confirm urethritis,only after the investigations you can try Zinnat

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
You had not mentioned anything about your sexual activities. Discharge per penis might be due to urethritis (STD) or due to an secondary bacterial infection of the potential space between glans penis and foreskin (with bad odor). Only by retracting the foreskin one can tell whether it is a urethral discharge or penile discharge.
Urethral discharge might be either due to Gonorrhea or Chlamydia or ureaplasma urealyticum infections.
Consult an expert who had familiarized with treating STDs, confirm the urethritis and after giving discharge for investigations (smear and culture) you can take antibiotics and not earlier. It will mask the diagnosis. Get well soon.
DR S.Murugan
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist