What causes white discharge during urination?

Dr. Vidya KR

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have been getting white discharge during Urination. It happens after urinating, one or two drops. There is no burning sensation or any other abnormality. I have sexual encounter for the past 3 months. I also masturbate almost daily or i do intercourse also. I have noticed it happens rarely.
I have experienced this thing in the past also .. under same circumstances .
Do I need to be concerned about something?
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urethritis

Detailed Answer:

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

With your description of symptoms probable cause is urethritis, most probable cause would be chlamydial infection which usually presents with minimal symptoms like only discharge or it could be non gonococcal infection.

This condition can be confirmed with urine examination.

For my patients with similar complaints first I would like to get examination and relevant test depending on examination findings.

Antibiotic treatment required to treat infection and even your partner needs to be treated for the same.
Maintain good hygiene.

As antibiotic needs prescription better to consult physician and get evaluated.

hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Vidya KR 33 minutes later
thanks for promp reply...

I read symptoms of Urethritis.

I am not having any symptom for the same.

Because i have not any abnormality with me except white drops with urine even rarely..

Please explain..
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
chlamydial infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for follow up query.

Yes, I did noticed your symptoms description in previous question. Symptoms of urethritis varies in different infection. Not all present in every patient and more over Chlamydial infection is a silent infection, hardly produces symptoms.

Most of the times they are symptoms free, few may present with white discharge with out any other symptoms. So better to get evaluated.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.

Follow up: Dr. Vidya KR 25 minutes later
will it be danger for me if i ignore the same????

What would be loss i will have to bear with my health???
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Minimal effect for males

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for follow up.

Chlamydial infection has minimal effect in males, but you will spreading this infection to your partner, who is going suffer lot of problem with it like pelvic inflammation and infirtilty is final outcome in many cases. it's very difficult to treat .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj