What causes white discharge and peeling vaginal skin post sex?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: I had sex yesterday& now it burns when I pee& it looked like white discharge inside my vagina but I peeled it and realized it was skin coming off. What is wrong

You can see the white discharge and then where it looks like more of a yellow tone discharge which was actually the skin that peeled off and is now red and sore
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi, it can be fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:
According to your symptoms, in my opinion you are suffering from fungal infection( Thrush or yeast infection).
You have to follow these instructions to treat this condition-
1) Take plenty of fluids orally ( you can drink cranberry juice also).
2) Maintain proper vaginal hygiene by washing area with water from front to back after urination, XXXXXXX area dry and clean.
3) Use cotton undergarment, avoid tight fitting undergarment and jeans, avoid perfumed soap and deodorant.
4) Eat a lot of yougart, avoid using antibiotics.
5) You can use vaginal pessaries, cream( antifungal) to avoid soreness.
6) Avoid tampoon, use pad during menstruation.
7) Always do a safe sex and avoid sex during infection.
You should follow this for few weeks. If your symptoms subsides then it's ok, otherwise you and your partner should consult a doctor to rule out STD also.
Please do not get worried!
I think I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad