What causes white creamy material beneath the foreskin along with itching sometimes?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 15 Nov 2018 in Men's Health
Question: Hi Doctor,
For the past 10 days, I could see some white cream layer in my penis as I move my foreskin up. I clean it in the morning and it again gets formed in the evening. It smells bad and I get itching rarely. There are no other symptoms as such . What is the problem and treatment.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
White creamy material beneath foreskin is smegma

Detailed Answer:

White creamy material that gets collected beneath the foreskin is a dried thick secretion of the glans penis called smegma.

It is natural mucus secreted by the glans penis to keep the glans moist.

There is nothing to be worried about.

Ensure to wash your genitals twice daily with warm water.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions, I shall be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Dr. P. T. Patil,
Urologist
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 14 hours later
i visted a doc and he prescribed me T. Secrox 500 / T.Allegra and metrogyl oinment to apply in the penis. 1) Why is the smegma happening suddenly. 2) Will it be automatically resolved or will show other symptoms. 3) Could it be related to kidney functioming
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is not related to kidney function

Detailed Answer:

Sudden increase in secretions of mucus from the glans penis leading to formation of smegma is the cause for creamy material to appear beneath foreskin. This could be due to mild infection of the glans penis.

Do not worry, this will get resolved with treatment suggested by your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you.

Dr. P. T. Patil,
Urologist