Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

134 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes white bumps on inner leg and pubic area?

Answered by
Dr. Hardik Pitroda


Practicing since :2010

Answered : 1489 Questions

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have these white head looking bumps on inner leg and pubic area
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Manual extraction and electrocauterization

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting on HCM.I have reviewed your clinical pictures. The white bumps you have developed seems to be mollusca contagiosum. Mollusca are viral skin infection caused by Mollusca contagiosum virus. These infection is common in children but when seems in adults, sexual transmission is most common. Also investigations to rule out any immunocompromised condition should be carried out.
I would like to run some tests like bllod counts, Peripheral smear, Random blood sugar, Serum VDRL and serum HIV antibody test.
Also, I would like to examine your partner for any mollusca because it is mostly transmitted by sexual route.
The best treatment would be manual extraction of mollusca with a special instrument followed by electrocautery.
Make sure you get this treatment from a certified dermatologist.
Alternate options of treatment include application of concerntrated Trichloracetic acid or cryotherapy. But I would prefer the first option.
Maintain hygiene and use condom and other barrier contraceptive to prevent the spread, if at all possible practise total abstinence till complete resolution.
Hope the answer was useful.
Let me know if you need any more assistance from my side.
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

Recent questions on  Contraceptive

doctor1 MD

Hi , I'm 26years old and have been prescribed regestrone 5mg twice a day to delay my periods as I will be travelling . I would like to know incase of unprotected sex with my partner during these days is it necessary to have an ECP as well or does...

doctor1 MD

I had sex last night. Can feel a urinary tract infection coming on. I have alprim antibiotics , if I take them today will This affect my pill

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, I have PCOD and prominent symptoms of it like facial hairs, lethargy , thinning of hair, irregular period with gaps of 2-3 months usually. I already have a kid of 10 years and my age is 38 years. I am quite heavy with 80 kgs weight as...

doctor1 MD

I had unprotected sex last night and I don't want to get pregnant. My last period date was 20th August'2011, should I use emergency Contraceptive pill? Is it Safe? I have heard that after having such medicines, periods become very irregular and lot of other side effects are there.

doctor1 MD

Hi I have been bleeding since October the 21 so actually 3 weeks or so and have missed my normal period as this irregular bleeding occured 2 weeks before my normal period is due and it is still on. I have been perscribed Norethisterone to take 1 tablet 3 times a day I have taken those for 6 days and at that time the bleeding started to reduce but never stopped, I had to stop taking the Norethisterone because I had to start my new pack of Contraceptive pill ( Femodene ) !! This is extremely annoying i can t wait for it to stop Any suggestion on how to stop the irregular bleeding??

doctor1 MD

Hi, i am on the Contreceptive pill but forgot to take one, carried on as normal and then had an upset stomach a week later, and carried on taking my pill for another 3 days until my pill free week. i didnt have another pack to carry on with and didnt expect having sex any time soon. i ended up having sex but used a condom which later had spilt. after 28 hours i went for the morning after pill. now i am due on my period and i am 2 days late. im reallly worried that i am pregnant.