What causes white bumps on inner leg and pubic area?

Dermatologist
Question
I have these white head looking bumps on inner leg and pubic area
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Manual extraction and electrocauterization

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting on HCM.I have reviewed your clinical pictures. The white bumps you have developed seems to be mollusca contagiosum. Mollusca are viral skin infection caused by Mollusca contagiosum virus. These infection is common in children but when seems in adults, sexual transmission is most common. Also investigations to rule out any immunocompromised condition should be carried out.
I would like to run some tests like bllod counts, Peripheral smear, Random blood sugar, Serum VDRL and serum HIV antibody test.
Also, I would like to examine your partner for any mollusca because it is mostly transmitted by sexual route.
The best treatment would be manual extraction of mollusca with a special instrument followed by electrocautery.
Make sure you get this treatment from a certified dermatologist.
Alternate options of treatment include application of concerntrated Trichloracetic acid or cryotherapy. But I would prefer the first option.
Maintain hygiene and use condom and other barrier contraceptive to prevent the spread, if at all possible practise total abstinence till complete resolution.
Hope the answer was useful.
Let me know if you need any more assistance from my side.
Thanks
Dr Hardik Pitroda