What causes white bumps on anus in infant?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jul 2015 in Child Health
Question: Hi my 4 month old baby has some white bumps on his anus. They don't seem to be itchy or painful, what could be the reason?
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treat with antifungal....

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to the HCM

Yeast infections with Candida albicans are common in infants giving rise to the typical white bumps with mild localized redness in napkin area. I understand your concerns but don't worry it can be easily treated by the following measures:

1. Change napkins regularly and keep the area uncovered for some time in between each nappy change if possible.
2. Apply Nystatin cream available easily OTC thrice a day till it completely goes off.

In case you can't see any improvement after 10 days then do contact me.
Hopefully this will help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Archana Verma

Pediatrician