What causes white bumps in vaginal area?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I recently went to the ob/gyn and she noticed a large white bump several raised white bumps below it. She stated it looked precancerous and a biopsy needed to be done. What can this be caused by?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be HPV infection or STD.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The lesion that you have described can be due to HPV infection or an STD or a precancerous lesion. If the lesion is gradually increasing then it is best to get the biopsy done as soon as possible for proper diagnosis.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
the bumps feel as though they get smaller and the bigger and vise versa. what causes that?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to infection or allergy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The bumps of varying size can be due to an infection or allergy. This needs a direct examination for diagnosis.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.