What causes white blood cells in stool sample?
Hi and thank you for asking!
I am Klerida Shehu gastroenterologist.
With regards to white blood cells on stools mostly it may be due to:
- inflammatory bowel disease
- bacterial, parasitic bowel infection
White blood cells on stool is not a sign of bowel cancer.
Otherwise please could you give me more information about your symptoms?
- do you have diarrhea or constipation?
- do you have blood in stools?
- do you have fever?
Wish you fast recovery!
Please follow. ..
You are reporting to have occasional diarrhea. This is why I strongly suggest to do stool test for ova / parasites infection.
Ova /parasites can cause occasional diarrhea and white blood cells in stools.
Wish you all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pus cells in stools
- What causes white blood cells in stool
- What causes blood in puppy stool
- Causes of white blood cells in stool
- What causes white specks in stool
- What causes white stool symptoms
- What causes white foam in stools
- What is causing white stool colour
- Milk allergy cause white blood cells in stool
- What causes white stuff in stool