What causes white and brownish mucus from urine?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I had a suspected ovarian cyst rupture few weeks back but now I am passing white stringy mucus and brown stringy mucus in my urine any ideas as too why ? Thank you
Answered by Dr. Soumya 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details required

Detailed Answer:

I have read you query and I understand your concerns.

I need following details before answering your query:

1) Are you sure you are passing brown and white mucous from urine and not from vagina ?

2) Were you operated from ovarian cyst rupture ? If yes When ?

3) If you are sure about brown spot from urine, please get urine test done from a good laboratory so that I can advice you further.

4) Do you have pain while passing urine?

I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.

Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

Dr. Soumya

Follow up: Dr. Soumya 12 hours later
hi there no still awaiting scan .... The hospital weren't too concerned as I had a previous rupture last year which healed naturally there is no pain on urination just pain in abdo that comes and goes x thank you I will keep an eye and check it is not vaginal but not noticed any x
Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dont worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi

If the mucous and brown discharge is not from urine, then don't worry about it.

It is normal for such vaginal discharge. The mild pain could be due to urine infection. Get urine test done to know the same.

Meanwhile drink more water and fluids.

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN