What causes whelps on a child's skin?

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi this is a question about my 5 yr last friday he broke out with welps which looked like allergic reaction i brought him to er and they told me because he also had red little spots that he had scarclet fever so they gave antibotic , well this friday same thing he started with welps even though red spots were clearing up, this time i was told he was having allergic reaction to something they gave steriods , my question is what can be causing this could something be wrong inside body to cause this to come out like this, he hasnt ate or drank anything and no new soaps .. Im lost at what this could be coming from tia
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It seems not coming from inside the body.

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you!

Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and I can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I assure you not to worry as I will take care all of your medical concerns.

He doesn't have anything wrong with his inner body. This isn't coming from inside his body. Instead he looks to be getting allergic to something from the environment. You said he has not taken anything new in food. If he has not taken anything new in food, then this surely is the environment related. It is episodic and has erupted at consecutive Fridays (the same days of the week). It means he has been exposed to something where he went on Fridays. It may be something like from your garden or plants, pets, animal dander, pollens etc.

Usually steroids, and antiallergics are bet option for such a case. Patient responds dramatically and this shows it was nothing serious or not from inside the metabolic pathways of body or genetics.

Sit relax and I preferably suggest you to keep an eye on his activities and avoid him to go outside alone. No pets inside the home, and seeing if it makes a difference, is the best way to see if it was pet related.

Hope I answered all of your health concerns . If you have further questions, feel free to contact me anytime. Always write my name in start of your question in future, and I will get back to you in no time. If satisfied, please give your generous 'five Star rating' and don't forget to 'Close the discussion'.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!
DR. HANIF
USA

Click the link to open my profile. Click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime for super fast expert medical help!!!
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Hanif 5 hours later
Ok that is good to that it isnt coming from inside , any advice as to what may be causing this or what i should watch for
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It may be a contact dermatitis contracted from lawn/garden!!!

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you back with a follow up!

It seems to be due to the plant source contact from garden/lawn and that may have caused this allergic reaction. But it may also be due to other allergens like aforementioned ( may be food, animal dander, pets inside home, carpet or dust allergy, pollens, cologne etc).

You have to keep in mind to keep him away from such sources please. Ask him not to eat anything before asking you.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!
DR. HANIF
USA

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Hanif 2 hours later
thank u I am going to contact his allergy Dr in morning for a allergy test to be done as far as we know he wasn't allergic to anything but thank u for your time and advice
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is a very right step. You should do the same!!!

Detailed Answer:
I warmly welcome you back with a follow up and happy to reply you back. Thanks for the compliments. I pray for the best health of your beloved son soon.

Yes this is the most appropriate step to get help of an allergy specialist. Consultation and some tests will make the situation clear. Please don't forget to give the details in a follow up to see how he is doing and what comes up on this visit to the allergy specialist. You may contact me back anytime whenever needed. I am just a click away to help your family remain safe and disease free. I usually respond back in no time.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!
DR. HANIF
USA

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina