What causes wheezing when lying down in a patient with COPD?
Get done chest x ray and PFT.
Thanks for your question on HCM.
I can understand your situation and problem.
By your history and description, in my opinion you are having worsening of underlying COPD.
The most common cause for this is infection.
So better to consult pulmonologist and get done
1. Clinical examination of respiratory system
2. Chest x ray
3. PFT (Pulmonary Function Test).
Chest x ray is needed to rule out infection.
PFT is needed for the severity of COPD.
And treatment is based on severity, so you may need additional oral bronchodilators and antibiotics for relief.
So consult pulmonologist and discuss all these.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Copd causes
- Wheezing on exhale when lying down
- What is the cause of headache in copd patients
- What causes wheezing in adults
- Wheezing at night when lying down
- What causes wheezing and chest congestion
- What causes chest discomfort and wheezing
- What causes wheezing along with breathlessness
- What causes wheezing breathing sounds
- What causes productive cough with wheezing