What causes wheezing when diagnosed with bronchitis?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: i just got out of hospital with atrial fibulation symptoms. my first night out of hospital, i have this wheezing sound happening as i take a breath. it is causing me to lose sleep. what can i do or take to help remedy this situation
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do you smoke?

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Wheezing especially at night is seen commonly with bronchitis (inflammation of airways).
Smokers are more prone for bronchitis and atrial fibrillation (AF).
So please let me know
1. Do you smoke?
2. Do you have rapid heart beats?
Bronchitis needs inhaled bronchodilators (levosalbutamol or formoterol) to stop wheezing.
All these are prescribed drugs so you may consult your doctor.
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj