Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

139 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes wheezing when diagnosed with bronchitis?

Answered by
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar


Practicing since :2008

Answered : 13962 Questions

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: i just got out of hospital with atrial fibulation symptoms. my first night out of hospital, i have this wheezing sound happening as i take a breath. it is causing me to lose sleep. what can i do or take to help remedy this situation
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do you smoke?

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Wheezing especially at night is seen commonly with bronchitis (inflammation of airways).
Smokers are more prone for bronchitis and atrial fibrillation (AF).
So please let me know
1. Do you smoke?
2. Do you have rapid heart beats?
Bronchitis needs inhaled bronchodilators (levosalbutamol or formoterol) to stop wheezing.
All these are prescribed drugs so you may consult your doctor.
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Levosalbutamol

doctor1 MD

Are there any effective rescue inhalers for asthma patients other than albuterol , but which don t contain steroids or dairy/lactose? (Any physician but Dr. XXXXXXX Rynne please.)

doctor1 MD

My son is a 17 year old competitive runner. He has a been battling a cronic cough since Dec23. Twice he was treated with antibiotics and predesolone for bronchitis. He also has asmanex twistinhaler to use daily and xopenex HFA to use before races. Hydrocodan syrup does not stop the 2 1/2 hour coughing fits at night. The pediatric pulmonolgists seem to be impressed with his incrdible lung capacity. I think they are suited to seeing young asmasuffers though. No one is sleeping. He has a National running event in 2 weeks.Help.I don't know where to turn.

doctor1 MD

I had heart valve replacement four weeks ago and have now developed a wheeze and crackly cough . Can I take anything to help me through the night

doctor1 MD

Hi, my O2 saturation is in the low 90's at rest, but drops to the low 80's with standing or mild exertion. My heart rate is in the 60-70 bpm range at rest, but jumps up to over 100 bpm with standing. I feel SOB with exertion and have been given a Xopenex inhaler, which provides some relief. This has been particularly noticeable for the last 4-5 months, but I don't know how long I've had the problem. I'm 57, overweight (190 lbs./5'6"), but work out very vigorously in water aerobics 3 times a week (for many years).I underwent a thorough battery of both pulmonary and cardiac testing, with no other abnormal results. I am a former smoker who quit 20+ years ago. I have also been diagnosed with sleep apnea and have had O2 sat's as low as 70 while asleep. Help!

doctor1 MD

How does Mysoline help essential tremors and what are side effect. also I m told of another Rx Sinemet. what are the difference between them. My husband is Copd patient on oxygen 24 hrs aday and has heart issues with irratic heart rate. with oxygen he uses nebulixer 4 times a day with xopenex and pulimorcort. He was using Brovana which caused him to shake even more. He has been taken off Brovana and now waiting for new replacement of Ipratropium. What advice would you give? His shaking is extremely bad.

doctor1 MD

my son 3 yrs 4 mths was having severe cough since last 1mth 25 days. on doctors advice, i had tried all sorts of syrups(ambrolite-s, maxtra, tusq-d,corex) but in vain. 19th oct night he had sever cough which lasted for aroun 14hrs. on taking him to doctor, he prescribed another antibiotic and 3 nebulisers( budesal0.5 mg, duolin,salsol).after one dose of these three he is 99% fine. now my querry is that the conents of all tree are similar- levosalbutamol in first two and salbutamol in the last one apart from budesonide in dudesal and ipratopium in it safe to give these three twice daily. and if yes, for how long? one thing that bothers me is i hope this is not asthma?? pls advice... i am very tensed.. thanx