What causes wheezing, shortness of breath and consistent arrhythmia?
Get evaluated further
This is Dr Sameer cardiologist.
First I would tell you that A Fib is not a hereditary disease. It could be due to dilated heart or electrolytes abnormality which can be because of lot of causes.
Being a medical student you yourself can diagnose A Fib. You can feel your pulse. If it is irregularly irregular, it is AF.
But I feel that as you have a respiratory tract infection, which is causing you breathlessness and wheezing is also causing the abnormality in heart beat. I guess it is sinus tachycardia or sinus arrhythmia which is common in this condition.
Still I will advise you to get a ECG and a 2D Echo done to rule out any possibility of abnormality.
Get back to me after the test results.
I hope they come out normal.
Thanks and take care
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes wheezing in adults
- What causes shortness of breath and wheezing
- Arrhythmia causes
- What causes infrequent bouts of arrhythmia
- What causes arrhythmias
- What causes sinus arrhythmia
- What causes wheezing along with breathlessness
- What causes wheezing breathing sounds
- Short duration arrhythmia causes
- What causes productive cough with wheezing