What causes wetness in vagina during menopause?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I am a fifty-one year old, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX women who is going through menopause. My last checkup which was about a year and a half a go ( I am due for a check up now, I just work about seventy hours a week), and my results were wonderful, nothing out of the ordinary and it been that way for the past few years. But I get really wet lately and there's an odor with it, I hate it! I hate being wet like this and I'm not sexually active I've been celibate now for over nine years what's the problem?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vaginal infection likely

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

Wetness you are experiencing is due to vaginal infection.

This vaginal infection needs to be checked by doing high vaginal swab culture and sensitivity to identify organism causing infection.

You can be given medicines as per report. Please get examined by your gynecologist for the test I mentioned.

This is minor infection and nothing serious.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T