What causes wet sensation on the legs?

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello. I've experienced a "wet" sensation down the back of my left leg. This started a few weeks ago and was isolated to my hamstring area. This feeling has moved further than just my hamstring but is still isolated in my left leg. There is no pain and seems to occur only when moving around.
Thank you, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get xray done.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

Symptoms you are explaining may be due to nerve compression or irritation in lumbosacral region which supply lower limb, previous trauma, diabetes.

I advise you to have fasting blood sugar levels, xray lumbosacral spine done in AP and Lateral view and send me the report.

I want to see present condition of vertebrae and disc spaces.

Till then you can take cap. pregabalin75mg+methylcobalamine750mcg at night, by prescription of your doctor as this medicine is not over the counter.

Avoid weightlifting, upstairs as much as you can.

Apply hot packs.

I hope you find this information useful.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D