What causes weird sensations in shoulder?
Muscle twitches likely.
Thanks for posting your query.
From the description provided it seems that you have muscle twitches or fasciculations. These are small, local, involuntary muscle contraction and relaxation visible under the skin arising from the spontaneous discharge of a bundle of skeletal muscle fibers. Fasciculations have a variety of causes, the majority of which are benign.
You might consult your doctor who can order
1. a few blood tests including thyroid function tests,
2. Serum electrolytes including Serum calcium and potassium levels.
3. Serum B12 levels
In case the above tests are normal further testing can be done including - nerve conduction studies, Electromyography, etc. These tests might help to diagnose any underlying neurological issues.
The treatment of most of the conditions is very easy and the condition will resolve on its own. In some cases, prescription medications might be needed to stop severe symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes weird feeling underarm
- What causes swelling on the shoulder
- What is the cause of reeling sensation
- What causes for loss of sensation
- What causes fluid on shoulder
- What causes the sensation of cold feet
- What cause a weird feeling in eyes
- What causes a frozen shoulder
- What causes tingling sensation near the uvula causing dry cough
- What causes weird sensation in my throat