What causes weird sensation in the left side of chest?
Acid peptic disease, Ischemic heart disease.Evalua
I went through the query and understood your concern.
Since there are no associated or co-morbid conditions, If I were your treating Doctor, for this weird sensation on the left side of my chest, I would come up with following possibilities,
The first possibility is of Acid Peptic disease. Diagnosis can be confirmed by upper GI endoscopy. Try raising the head of your bed about four inches with blocks. It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down. To help control the stomach acid, one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, or eat chocolate or spicy or greasy foods. Also take some antacid but if the symptoms are severe, then you may need drugs like proton pump inhibitors.
Considering your age and symptoms of arms feeling heavy, the second possibility and which should be ruled out is ischemic heart disease. This should be ruled out with some basic investigations. So I suggest you to consult a physician and get checked for blood pressure, an ECG, serum electrolytes and ultrasound upper left abdomen.
Hope this information helps you and answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pressure sensation on the chest
- What may cause sensation in chest
- What causes mild chest pain the whole day on left side
- What causes lower left side chest pain
- What causes left sided headaches
- What causes dizziness and chest throbbing on the left side
- What causes left sided chest pain
- What causes swelling in left side of upper chest
- What causes chest pain while sleeping on left side
- What causes left sided chest pain with headache