What causes weight loss while on Metoprolol?
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regading metoprolol, it is a betablocker, which are known to reduce the heart rate and physical muscular performance.
So, as you have chronic fatigue and a low body weight, it will possibly cause further aggravation of your symptoms.
From the other hand, did you check your heart rate at that moment? Cardiac bradycardia can lead to similar symptoms.
What are your actual blood pressure values and heart rate values?
I would not recommend taking metoprolol because of it adverse effects.
Regarding your tremor, you should discuss with your neurologist on the best treatment options. Propranolol (which is indicated in essential tremor), can manifest adverse effects like metoprolol (as they are both betablockers).
You can try rivotril (starting low doses and increasing slowly or mysoline).
The cervical disks, coupled with fibromyalgia can contribute in the dizziness and body weakness.
Have you tried duloxetine for fibromyalgia? It is one of the best treatment choices for this disorder. It can also lead to increased appetite and thus leading to an increase in your body weight.
Regarding your memory troubles, I would recommend consulting with a neurologist for a careful physical examination and some kognitive tests to exclude possible dementia.
Taking into consideration all this clinical situation, I would also recommend checking your thyroid hormone levels, as a thyroid dysfunction could lead to tremor, chronic fatigue and memory problems.
Other tests to consider would be vitamine B12 levels, cortisol plasma levels and complete blood count for chronic anemia.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes loss of apetite and weight loss
- What causes vomiting and dirrehea with weight loss
- What are the causes of slow weight loss
- What is the cause of dizziness and rapid weight loss
- What causes abdominal discomfortbloating and weight loss with constipation
- What causes sudden weight loss and pain in neck
- What causes sudden weight loss with anxiety
- Persistent vomiting weight loss what could be the cause
- What causes weight loss in a new born baby
- What causes drastic weight loss